Friday, May 29, 2009

Writers Beach Block


When I started surfing around the blogging world, I wondered what in the world would I write about? These blogs I come across are wonderful, interesting etc. I am not a writer and who would really be interested in anything that is going on in my day, I thought? Well, my mom ( who is one of my best friends) said just write what you know. She is an amazingly creative being who truly believes in any creative expression as a way to figure things out. Call it cathartic, therapeutic, whatever: it usually works. What do I know? I am not sure, but I do think that this is a great place to figure it out . So here I go...


Sandy Flip Flops? The beach. My closest friends usually figure if they can't get me on my cell phone, I am probably at the beach. Looking forward to that salty smell as soon as you are close enough to roll down your windows and feel if the air is cool. The excitement when you finally get there. You know, when you find that perfect place on the vast beach before you , just close enough to the water to hear the crashing waves and feel a little mist. You lay out the familiar "beach blanket" and set up the umbrella, position the cooler close enough to get to the licorice and settle into your chair. "Don't get sand on the blanket " you call out to the kids. "See all that space next to me?? Lay your towels there!!" And so you settle in to watch the sun dance on the water and listen to the music of the surf. Your flip-flops get covered with sand and your world is perfect.


1 comment:

  1. OH YEAH!! THAT'S MY GIRL !!!!
    You forgot that some of your "best" friends know that you totally rock....so no surprise that you are off to a great bloggin start!!

    ReplyDelete