Wednesday, June 17, 2009

FoodBuzz

I have been enjoying my back and forth blogging on www.foodbuzz.com and the recipe is from my site over there. At the risk of repeating myself, I will probably put this blog on that blog and then we will be a linked blog! So this is how I posted the recipe:



I usually have menu plans written out and I buy groceries based on them. Then on any given evening I can pull something depending on what is going on. Last night was a harried one so by the time I got back home, I was accosted at the door … when is dinner!?? My kids enjoy the usual quick fix: Pasta . . .

1 package fresh ravioli – cooked al dente

Lemon Alfredo

2 TBSP flour
2 TBSP butter
1 1/2 C milk
1/2 C cream
1 1/2 C fresh parmigiano reggiano
Zest of one lemon
Scant 1/4 C lemon juice
dash nutmeg
salt & pepper to taste

In medium saucepan whisk the butter and flour until lightly browned. Add milk, cream, dash salt and pepper and stir until it becomes thickened and bubbly (about 5 min). Add cheese until smooth. Stir in the lemon juice and nutmeg. Pour over cooked pasta. Add lemon zest and more cheese if you like.

I serve this with snap peas and carrots sauteed with garlic olive oil. The salad is basically spinach, avocado and caesar dressing. A fresh baguette is a great “dipper” for the extra sauce.


1 comment:

  1. You came home AFTER work...and made them dinner???
    You ARE the MOM!!!!
    Luv pasta, luv pasta, luv pasta :)

    ReplyDelete