Friday, June 12, 2009

Out of Sorts

What exactly does that phrase mean? According to the dictionary it is "somewhat ill; grouchy; irritable". This past week was the first full week of summer vacation. It is a time where everyone should be excited, no school!! But it seems that everyone, including me, was "out of sorts". So today I woke up with a new outlook: I know that first I have to try to be positive, but consistency will be the key. I set the tone for our home and I think that it was reflected last week. A very humbling thing to see and acknowledge, but there it is. I was "somewhat ill". Bummer.

One of my favorite daily newsletter www.motivationinaminute.com. It has great reminders, stories (that tend to be a bit mushy) that we have the power to be positive. We as people tend to hear more negative statements than positive!

So, today I plan on making it a positive day. We are going to a friends house, fabulous food, great fellowship and hope to kick off this next week on a not so ill note. Stay tuned for pictures!!

No comments:

Post a Comment