Friday, June 5, 2009

Weather Pattern in Life

What a cliche to talk about the weather. But it is the subject for the day. On Wednesday night (early morning actually ) we had a thunderstorm, complete with lightning, huge drops of rain, cool wind. It was such a beautiful sight to see - I was able to open the blinds just to watch the show. So unusual for rain here in Northern Cali in June, let alone a thunderstorm. I remember as a kid waiting for lightning, then counting " one tomato, two tomato" and when the thunder hit you knew how close the storm was! So of course I did that and wouldn't you know it was right in my backyard! It did take me back to when I was little, living in Wisconsin. I remember one Saturday afternoon a thunderstorm came up quickly - the sky was so dark and a little scary. My brother and sister and I stayed in our garage counting the seconds until the thunder crashed. And it CRASHED. It lasted only about 15 minutes, and I clearly remember the smell of the rain coming off of the blacktop as the sun came back out and you could see the water sparkling everywhere. That is one memory that rain, sun and thunder all at once bring back to me. I wanted to call them and say "hey remember ..."



I hope that we can all remember that you never know what is going to happen; the most unusual things and they come when you least expect it. Thunderstorms in June. How quickly our days turn into weeks etc. It reminds me to notice every little thing that brings us joy. How are you spending your weekend?




1 comment:

  1. We've had so much thunderstorms in the past ten days here in Utah! Today when I was exiting the local store I saw the most amazing sky in surreal violet wicked colors....then the lightning started and it was such a beautiful sight!

    ReplyDelete