Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Random Observations

There are so many visuals for us to appreciate. Like yesterday morning, I discovered a brand new walking trail. Picture some beautiful redwoods along the path, every plant is marked by its name and it loops around a pretty little lake. How long have I lived so close to this and NEVER even knew it was there? Lots of little ducks with their heads tucked in, looking like little footballs. It struck me as rather funny, all of a sudden a head would pop up, quack and roll away. Or the visual of a plane coming in for a landing - that little bird literally "flying" across the lake, its little orange feet descended like wheels and whooosh, perfect landing. Cheerful is the word I use to describe it. Bright. Perky.

Then today I observed another very visual thing. I was leaving a parking lot and there was a truck pulling out in front of me. Not just a truck, but a big electrical one. You must have seen them, usually a big dog hanging out with the driver. Not so this time. . . There was a CAT hanging out across the back of the seat. A big orange cat, climbing around this man's shoulders. He (we will name him Felixx) looked very comfortable and not at all embarassed that he wasn't a tough guy... I thought that cool cat was so comfortable in his own space - why aren't we comfortable being who we are?

So two different visuals that stuck out in my mind; both made me stop and think. I will now go to bed with a gratefulness that there is so much out there to observe - if we just pay attention.

By the way, did anyone pause and watch the sunset?

2 comments:

  1. My....what a thought to ponder....let's begin to dothat very thin gthis very moment..it's never to late.
    We ARE still sucking oxygen ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love cats...especially when they hang around your neck..a fuzzy Luvvv drape.

    ReplyDelete