Monday, June 29, 2009

Summer Pasta




Today was a scorcher! It was at least one of the hottest days we have experienced so far this year. When that happens, I am usually a fan of "sun pasta". The way it works is you make angel hair pasta, throw in basil, tomato, garlic, buffalo mozzarella, and olive oil. Salt and Peppa to taste... and you sit it on the sunniest part of your counter while you set the table etc. The flavors meld together and it is light, fresh and all together wonder-full. It is a caprese salad on pasta. When we served it, my #1 food critic (eldest boy 16...) said "I need some balsamic vinegar"; a kid after my own heart. . . needless to say I had to stop eating even though I was full; it was delicious. Serve it with a baguette and fresh fruit... you have the makings of summer.

Off to dreamland - thinking of Italy tonight!! Ciao!


No comments:

Post a Comment